Create your own Disney Staycation!
Like a lot of you, our family loves to go to Disneyland! We were supposed to be in Disneyland next week but with the Corona Virus, we are going to have to reschedule. I decided since we are always looking for something fun to do during our isolation, we would do a Disney Corona-cation night to ease the sorrow we feel for not being able to go.
We booked a trip with Getaway Today back in November for a Christmas present to give to the kids. Luckily, Getaway Today has been so helpful in helping us hold our travel plans and move them to another time once we decide when to go.
I thought a Disney Corona-cation night would be a good way to fix our Disney withdrawals and get us by for when we can actually go the park in person. Here are some of the things we did to bring a a little Disney to our home:
- Disney Gear. We always have Disney apparel laying around our home; tee shirts, lots of mouse ears, dresses and of course, costumes and princess dress-ups. I told the girls to go get something ‘Disney’ on for our night of fun. If you don’t have any Disney stuff you can always check some out HERE.
Dole Whips. One of our favorite Disney treats are the Dole Whips right outside of the Tiki Room. I found this recipe straight from the Disney Parks Blog itself!
Disneyland Dole Whip:
(yields 1 serving)
1 Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
4 oz. Pineapple Juice
2 C. Frozen Pineapple Chunks
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. I love using my Blendtec.
It tasted delicious! Disney is unveiling other recipes for their park food over on their blog during this time of not being able to visit. Check them out!
- Churros. Okay, so…full disclosure, the churro recipe I found for my air fryer didn’t exactly work out perfect, but they were okay. They were basically cinnamon and sugar breadsticks! I wanted something quick and easy that the girls could help with. If I were to do churros again, I would have just made these easy Pastry Puff Churros, they’re delicious!
- YouTube Rides. The majority of our night was spent watching our favorite rides on YouTube. You can search them on YouTube as well as watching parades, tours, character meet-ups and more! It was really fun and *bonus, you don’t have to wait in line! 🙂 I even surprised my girls with a little water action during the Splash Mountain ride at the end. I hid a squirt bottle under the cushion of the couch and when we went down the big hill, they all got squirted! Emma thought it was the best thing ever!
It was a really fun night and I am glad we did it. It gave us something to do together and filled the void we will have during the time we were supposed to be there.
I know we will get our chance to go again. We are currently working with Getaway Today to reschedule. They currently have some specials right now if you are hoping to go in the near future including:
Disneyland® Resort Tickets
- Kids Sale – Kids ages 3-9 save up to $111 on 3-Day Disneyland® Resort tickets for travel by 12/15/2020 when you book by 5/18/2020.
- Extra Day Free – Get your 5th Day Free on Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® or 1-Park per Day Tickets with or without Disney MaxPass Service
Anaheim Area Hotel Offers – Must be booked by May 31, 2020
- Clarion Hotel – Heavily Discounted Rates on All Room Types
- Castle Inn & Suites – 3rd Night Free
- Candlewood Suites – 4th Night Free
- Courtyard Theme Park Entrance Waterpark – Reduced Rates on All Room Types
- Courtyard Anaheim Resort Convention Center – 20% Reduced Rates
- Clementine Suites Anaheim – 25% Reduced Rates on All Rooms Types
- Anaheim Springhill Suites Maingate – 20% Off Rates (2 night min) and 30% Off Rates (4 night min)
- Cambria Hotel & Suites Anaheim – Reduced Rates on All Room Types
Other Southern California Attractions
- Knott’s Berry Farm – Get Adults at Kids’ Prices – Just $59 per person
- Universal Studios Hollywood™ – Save up to $34 per ticket
- LEGOLAND® California Resort – 2nd Day Free on Park Hopper Ticket with Water Park
- SeaWorld San Diego – Weekday Special Ticket for $55.99
…and if you ever want to check up on the latest news with Disneyland’s closure and hopeful reopening, you can go HERE.
So if you’re looking for something fun to do with your family, you can do a Disney Corona-cation party with little effort!