This beach towel all-in-one bag is great for your pool trips this summer. It is a towel that turns into a bag, and into a towel again! No more bringing home your wet swimming suit and towel in your bag and getting everything wet! Just roll up your wet stuff in this bag and you’re good to go! I made this a few summers ago along with (this darling ruffled hand bag) and still use it every time we go swimming. Here’s the tutorial for my beach towel all-in-one bag:
What you need:
used or new beach towel
coordinating hand towel
1. First of all, lay your beach towel down with the right side on the floor. Fold the two ends in about 6 inches (your preference) then fold in half
2. Cut two strips of your ribbon about 30 inches long, then measure in on your folded towel (on the right side) and place your handles, then pin
3. Now unpin your folded ends so the towel now lies flat. Sew the handles on. Do this to both ends of the towel.
Now for the front pocket:
4. Cut your hand towel in half. Place it on the front side of your folded bag upside down with the wrong side up and pin to the bag as shown here:
5. Sew what will be the bottom of the pocket, then fold up and pin both sides as shown here:
6. Sew up both sides of the pocket.
And you’re done! You’re really done! Here’s what your towel bag will look like when you lie it out upside down.
And here’s what it will look like when you lay on it at the pool:
To fold up your bag, just fold in both edges of the towel as shown in step 1, fold in half, and grab the handles, and go!
Enjoy your all-in-one beach towel tote!
This project and other totes featured on Studio 5, HERE