Some posts may include affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Sweet Charli!

DIY: Extraordinary Flip Flops!

Here is an awesome project that you should make for yourself!
Flip Flops: from ordinary to extraordinary in 5 minutes and under 5$!!
Yep, you heard me!
I needed black flip flops but hate wearing plain ones. I needed somewhat dressy but didn’t want to pay the price.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED:
Ordinary Flip Flops – old or new.
(Old Navy Flip Flops are on sale right now 2 for $5. JoAnn’s also has cheap ones, 2 for $5)
Embellished Ribbon – you can find these in JoAnn’s, you buy them by the yard and they have endless possibilities
(or you can use your own ribbon and make your own ruffle)
Glue – I used Gorilla Glue
Flower Embellishment

I measured the straps on my flip flops and each strap was about 6 inches. I got 12 inches of ruffled embellished ribbon, and 12 inches of plain velvet ribbon.

Cut your ribbons to the size of your straps, and glue on with your glue.

Clamp the ribbon down (I just used hair clips) and let dry. (okay, without the glue drying part these flip flops take 5 minutes!) Gorilla glue takes about 2-3 hours to fully dry. I just let them sit over-night.

I made my own flower embellishments from polyester material. Cut out circles, then burn around the edges. Stick on top of each other and glue. Then stick jewels or beads in the middle. I just hot glued the flowers to the ribbon on the flip flops:
And here’s the finished product!!
Hope you all have fun making yourself some cheap, but adorable flips!!

Thanks so much for letting me share!!

LOVE, KAMI

Comments

1. says

Hopping over from Craft Therapy, and so glad I did! These are really cute! I’ve seen several variations on this, but I think these are the classiest I’ve seen. Definitely bookmarking this. Thanks for the great tute!

2. says

Too cute! I was laying in bed last night thinking that I wanted to add ruffles to a pair of flip flops! I know you were reading my mine right!JK Thanks for the linking to Hoo’s Got Talent.

3. says

Those are really cute!

I have a weekly Thursday blog party especially for people to share things they’ve made to be worn. Stop by if you’d like!

TheTrainToCrazy.com

4. says

I am ADDICTED to flipflops and I can’t WAIT to make these! Thanks so much for posting the idea! I love, love, love them 🙂

5. says

These are so great! I have embellished flops in the past with fun fur yarn and they were a bit too… furry, I guess. Kind of more like fuzzy slippers. Yours look very nice, like you would buy them at a store that way. Nice job!

6. says

Oh mylanta!
    You just dont even know how excited I am right now!
    Im about to start getting dressed to head straight to hobby lobby so I can make some of these….a fantastic addition to my mothers day gift.
    My mom has been needing some cute flip flops
    so THANKS SO MUCH!!

AHHH im ecstatic right now!

xoxo
    bB

7. says

These are fantastic!! What a GREAT idea! I have always thought about doing this but haven’t yet! Can’t wait to try it myself! 🙂
    Kristi

8. says

I hope you don’t think I’m a horrible person but I mentioned you in my recent blog post and stole a pic of these flip flops (and linked you appropriately, of course).

Your blog is so good I couldn’t help myself! 🙂

Thank you for all the awesome ideas!!

parablesfromportugal.blogspot.com